Friday, May 24, 2013

Aperture vs. Lightroom. Which would you choose?


I am currently on the hunt for a better photo editor that iPhoto. iPhoto does a good job, but the more in depth that I get into photography, it is just not fulfilling my needs anymore. After a little research, I have narrowed it down to Apple's Aperture or Adobe's Lightroom. Currently I am using the Beta version Lightroom 5, which is the first time I have ever laid my hands on Lightroom. I can tell you, I am digging it. It's powerful and easy to use, the downside to it that I can see is that there is soooo much in there, I am not sure I would be able to figure out its full potential. Lightroom 4 currently sells for $149. I assume that when 5 releases, it will sell for the same, which leads us into Aperture. I have never used Aperture either. Everyone that I have ever spoken with, and from the research I have done says that it is an excellent photo editor. In fact, its kind of like a professional version of iPhoto. But is that a good thing? I'm sure it is for ease of use, but would it hinder me in the things that I want to do? Aperture currently sells for $79 in the Mac App store. So this is what it boils down to. $149 and I get too much, or $79  and I may not get enough. I need to be sure that what I purchase gets me what I need, however, because this is not my primary living, I need to watch my pennies. If it were you, what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment